The WOC will be held in Sub-Saharan Africa for the first time in 2020. The congress is held every two years in a different region of the world and provides an international audience of ophthalmologists with a scientific program addressing all subspecialties and related interests in ophthalmology, the opportunity to network with recognized international leaders and professionals and an exhibition featuring the latest products and services in the field.
Revenues from the WOC help support ICO programs including ophthalmic education, eye care delivery, leadership and society development and the ICO’s commitment to “Building a World Alliance for Sight.”
The WOC, first held in 1857, is the longest continuous international medical meeting.
XXXVII International Congress of Ophthalmology
– Abstract Submission Open: 01 August 2019
– Deadline Abstract Submission: 02 December 2019
– Abstract Notification: 27 January 2020
– Deadline Early Bird Registration Fee: 17 February 2020
– Deadline Regular Registration Fee: 05 May 2020